I thought the response mentioning North America becoming split up into different countries was interesting because we are one of largest areas of land that is under one country's rule. I wonder how life would be different if, say, each state was it's own country and decide what government they wanted and such. This seems to me like a recipe for war, since many countries would be in such close proximity. Do you students think there would be war or peace in this situation? -Hypothetical Visitor #1
There would most likely be more Native Americans than there are today! I had never thought about that. So many died from the colonists coming over from disease and fighting. This nation probably would have been very different. Maybe it would have been less advanced and industrial as it is today. What do you think? -Hypothetical Visitor #2
I think there would still be technology advances and smart things like that because people who knew things would still come over and influence the Native Americans that lived here. Maybe we would be just a little bit behind where we are now. -Hypothetical Responding Student
I thought the response mentioning North America becoming split up into different countries was interesting because we are one of largest areas of land that is under one country's rule. I wonder how life would be different if, say, each state was it's own country and decide what government they wanted and such. This seems to me like a recipe for war, since many countries would be in such close proximity. Do you students think there would be war or peace in this situation?
ReplyDelete-Hypothetical Visitor #1
There would most likely be more Native Americans than there are today! I had never thought about that. So many died from the colonists coming over from disease and fighting. This nation probably would have been very different. Maybe it would have been less advanced and industrial as it is today. What do you think?
ReplyDelete-Hypothetical Visitor #2
I think there would still be technology advances and smart things like that because people who knew things would still come over and influence the Native Americans that lived here. Maybe we would be just a little bit behind where we are now.
ReplyDelete-Hypothetical Responding Student